Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On a Hard Day

There are days when I really struggle to get into the studio. What makes the difference from one day to the next? My studio is over flowing with work right now, canvases from last year. I don't have enough for the next showing, in which I promised all new work. It is perhaps time to clear the studio so it resembles more a blank canvas. Or is it my mind I have to clear? How much of my personal life influences me in my work?
I spent Sunday working, not leaving the house, and giving myself enough breaks from the damar to keep my head clear. The day was not as fruitful as I would like. I ruined two canvases. Small ones, but never the less I had spent too much time on them. It seems my larger pieces are more spontaneous. Is it possible to transfer that time of work in a smaller area?
I’ll be at it again today. February is coming up, I need to get at least three more canvases completed. I haven’t worked under deadlines in years and I’m not sure I like it, the added pressure. But perhaps it will be the disciple I need to get the work completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment